Through out this site there are some references to other Human Rights related sites that may be of use in campaigning or other Human Rights issues. Amnesty International does not necessarily agree with the views expressed in these sites nor supports the organisations. They are published to encourage debate. This list of sites provided is not a comprehensive list and is not guaranteed. We recommend that you check out the agenda, perspective and accuracy of the site.
Art for Amnesty Limited has created this privacy notice to demonstrate our firm commitment to internet privacy. The following discloses our policies concerning the gathering and sharing of information through this website.
Access To Personal Information
Q.Will I be given access to my personal information if I request it?
A. Wherever possible, and if it is lawful, we will let you see the information we hold about you and correct it if it is wrong.
Please make your request in writing and mail it to Art for Amnesty Limited, 2 Arran Square, Dublin 7, Ireland.
Privacy And Security
Art for Amnesty Limited respects, and is committed to protecting your privacy. The personal information you provide will remain private and will only be used for the purposes outlined here.
Reciprocal – We occasionally allow other organisations that you might be interested in (e.g. Environmental, Third World agencies) to send out supporter’s information about their work. These organisations reciprocate by allowing Amnesty to mail information to their supporters (providing a very cost-effective source of new member and donations to AI).
In addition, Art for Amnesty Limited may be required to disclose certain information if:
- The disclosure is required or authorised by law;
- An investigation of suspected fraud or unlawful activity has been or is being conducted by the organisation and the information is disclosed to relevant persons or authorities;
- The organisation believes the disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for national security in the performance of its functions; or
- The use or disclosure is required for the preparation for or the conduct of legal proceedings or for the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal.
Personal Information Collected On The Web Site
Q. What personal information will be collected from the web site?
A. When you visit our web site or download information, we may collect and store your server address, domain name, the date and time of your visit and the information downloaded. The information is readily available to any Internet Service Provider whose site you visit.
How We Handle Emails
We will preserve the content of any email that you send us if we believe that we have a legal requirement to do so. Any personal information contained in your email, including your email address, will be used or disclosed in ways set out in this privacy statement. Our Internet Service Provider or employees of Amnesty International Ireland for troubleshooting and maintenance purposes or where email abuse is suspected may monitor your email message content.
Copyright Notice Warning
- The copyright for material on this web site rests with Art for Amnesty Limited. You may download and read this material for personal, not-for-profit, or non-commercial purposes. You may not alter this information, repost or sell it without the permission of Art for Amnesty Limited.
- Exceptions for Persons with Perceptual Disabilities. For persons with perceptual disabilities, you may copy, translate, adapt, or reproduce this information in a format (eg. sign language, audio tape, or braille) specifically designed for persons with a perceptual disability, if the information is not commercially available in a format designed to meet your needs.
If you find this site useful, please consider making a donation to Amnesty International to allow us to continue our work against human rights violations worldwide.
Code of Conduct on Images and Messages
Amnesty International Irish Section has signed the Code of Conduct on Images and Messages. Please send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org